Q. How do I reserve a room for group work?
You can book rooms from both mobile devices and computer.
The room from TAU premises (Linna, Arvo or Hervanta) is reserved via the calendar found on Office 365.
- Login with your tuni-account https://portal.office.com
- Open Outlook
- Select Calendar
- Select + New - Calendar event
- Select Start and End time,
- Click Add a location or a room
- Click Add room from bottom of the dialog and Choose new room list and select right one
- Select Group work room (ryhmätyö) from the list.
- Send reservation
- Check that you receive Approved mail about the reservation.
Private rooms are only for personnel, don't select those even you can see those in the list.
Check time zone from your O365 settings.
You can send the reservation info also to other participants by selecting them to Person's list.
In case you need to cancel the reservation, remember to send Cancelation from your calendar.
Rooms can be accessed with student card, so check that you have needed access rights.
- Some rooms are labeled "Students only-meeting-private", are they for students or personnel ?
- For students.
- It already happened to me two times on Hervanta Campus that there was someone else who had a booking at the same time as me, not exactly the same time period but our reservations were overlapping. For example Person A reserves a room from 14:00-16:00 and Person B from 15:00-17:00. Both of us seemed to have a valid reservation. Is this because the system is still under construction?